trouble loading obj

Software: Away3D 4.x

milton, Newbie
Posted: 09 December 2011 08:33 PM   Total Posts: 7

hi.
i’ve tried to load a 3d model…collada is no longer supported, i tried obj but no matter the small i make the texture it does no load…it say the texture does not have the power of 2 dimensions or is higher than 4096, mine is 320x640.
i tried the samples from away site but it does not run, looks like they changed files location or does not exist, especifically this files: resourceManager, assetLoader and resourceEvent. i have a working sample awd format but i export my model from prefab and does not work either, the working one has the texture embed, i need the texture in external file…any help? nothing i download works, even the book’s file.

thanks in advance

mrpinc, Sr. Member
Posted: 09 December 2011 09:21 PM   Total Posts: 119   [ # 1 ]

Your texture size is invalid:

As the error states each dimension must be a power of 2.

Valid sizes for both width and heigh are 128, 256,512,1024,2048

So if you change your texture to 256 x 512 you should be fine.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 09 December 2011 09:29 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

note that this warning is wrong too.. will be replaced with the right one very soon. “or is higher than 4096” should be 2048.

milton, Newbie
Posted: 10 December 2011 09:48 AM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 3 ]

thanks a lot, i’ll never imagine the answer to this message, english is not my first language…i’ll take the chance to ask another thing….
i am porting a papervision project and i used a changeMaterial command to swap textures on the fly, something similar in away? thanks a lot for the first answer and for this one too

FlyOn, Jr. Member
Posted: 10 December 2011 12:02 PM   Total Posts: 36   [ # 4 ]

just set object.material = newMaterial, and it will be updated smile

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X