when skeleton animation,camera cull/clip out the whole object with bone?

Software: Away3D 4.x

ddmsama, Jr. Member
Posted: 22 November 2011 04:28 AM   Total Posts: 34

This is a rather wierd behaviour, and we can’t seems to sort it out by ourself. Hope some one with the core experirence could help us out a little.
The problem is that when playing skeleton animation, the camera tends to clip/cull out a whole object totally.

The test is like this:
We make 2 boxes, and skin them with 2 bones, one bone each box. The Skin is the same one for both of the boxes. We do a little bone animation, and export to away3d 4.

we load the sequence. updateRootPosition property sets to false. When not playing the sequence, the camera cull is fine. However when playing, the box that assigns/skins to the first/root bone is easy to be cull totally out when changing the camera to certain angels. The first box is some times totally missing.

We are wondering if anyone have ecounter the same experience,or propabaly guess what might causing the problem. We would be really appreciated,thank you.

ddmsama, Jr. Member
Posted: 22 November 2011 05:54 AM   Total Posts: 34   [ # 1 ]

addition:

updateRootPosition property has nothing to do with this matter.

camera just directly culld out the whole crap when playing bone animations.

ddmsama, Jr. Member
Posted: 30 November 2011 11:27 AM   Total Posts: 34   [ # 2 ]

kick up tp see if someone has met the same problem.

Mark Middleton, Newbie
Posted: 13 April 2012 02:41 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 3 ]

Just found this post. I posted a question about this yesterday, I’m struggling with this same issue. Did you ever get this figured out?

Jarzac, Newbie
Posted: 28 September 2012 04:38 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 4 ]

Hello,

I have the exact same issue.
Did you find a solution ?

Thanks

Mark Middleton, Newbie
Posted: 28 September 2012 05:45 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 5 ]

Hi Jarzac, here’s the question I posted before I found this thread: http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/2315/ I’m sorry I never posted that solution back on this thread.

The resolution to the problem for me was making sure that the skeleton and the model had the same origin, and that this origin was at 0,0,0 in Blender before exporting. Not sure if you’re using Blender, though. Either way, try doing mesh.showBounds = true to see where the bounds are that are being used to cull the mesh from the view, they could be offset from your mesh.

I’ve also had issues with models being rotated separately from the bounds when skeleton animations are applied. This thread might be helpful if you’re having that issue: http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/2898/

Jarzac, Newbie
Posted: 29 September 2012 07:32 AM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 6 ]

Thank you so much for this fast reply, this bug haunted me all night smile
I’m going to check now and let you know.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X