Getting Broomstick working in Flash CS5 with Flash 11

Software: Away3D 4.x

Murball77, Newbie
Posted: 02 November 2011 10:29 AM   Total Posts: 1

So I am as green as gumby when it comes to away3d.

I have flash cs5 with flash 11 installed in both cs5 and in the browser.
I have downloaded the broomstick examples, and now want them to compile them in flash cs5, now there is no .fla to compile in broomstick, so can anyone give me a idea how to go about testing the broomstick examples in flash cs5?

Thx

KeithT, Newbie
Posted: 02 November 2011 03:46 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 1 ]

Create a new .fla and set the document class to the name of the example you want to try.

As the examples have asset embeds within them you will probably need to include a reference to the flex compiler as well. Flash will ask you when you try and build and it needs flex. Alternatively you could remove all the asset embeds and put them in the library.

As I understand it there is not much point in doing the above because you can’t see the Stage3D stuff in the Flash IDE anyway, so you might as well go to an all code interface e.g. flash develop for this type of project, which is what we have now done.

Have fun

patmat, Newbie
Posted: 02 November 2011 07:47 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 2 ]

You can see stage3d in flash if you download the stand alone debugger and replace the one in the “players” file folder. You’ll just have to use debug instead of test movie. Although I noticed that stage3d content runs way faster in the browserthan in the standalone debugger.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X