Supported GPUs

Software: Away3D 4.x

wagster, Member
Posted: 20 October 2011 01:38 PM   Total Posts: 68

Not really an Away3D question, but I’m hoping someone here can shed light on the matter.

Our company runs a lot of Dell Vostro 3550s which have AMD Radeon HD 6630M GPUs.

Now these are business machines, but the GPU supports DirectX11 (and Shader5.0, whatever that is).  Should be well capable of Stage3D - but I keep getting software mode instead.

Any ideas why it’s dropping back to software rendering? I’m testing on older machines with slower GPUs and not having any problems.  Is there a list of unsupported graphics cards hiding anywhere on adobe.com (yes, I have looked). 

How does Flash even decide which mode to go for?

wagster, Member
Posted: 20 October 2011 01:44 PM   Total Posts: 68   [ # 1 ]

Well this is a start, but doesn’t really answer my question.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/921/cpsid_92103.html

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 October 2011 02:10 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 2 ]

hi

sorry cant help you with your question, but thanks to your link i finally know why firefox on my mac does not use gpu while safari does.

[edit: updated firefox and now it works….dont know why i still had firefox 3.6 when there is allready firefox 7…]

thanks

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

eclectrik, Newbie
Posted: 20 October 2011 02:47 PM   Total Posts: 19   [ # 3 ]

I`ve been setting up Away3D 4 for development on my laptop while the desktop is busy.  What i found was that although the onboard Intel HD graphics chip is supported, i had to source/update the drivers to allow it to run GPU mode.  Looking at the link above, it`s saying any driver not newer than 2009 is unsupported - so update.  Although this laptop is only around a year old i`m guessing the driver configuration that ships with it must be slightly outdated - that MIGHT be your problem..

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X