Where is the away3d.primitives.TextField3D?

Software: Away3D 4.x

redfox2008cn, Newbie
Posted: 26 September 2011 08:55 AM   Total Posts: 21

I can’t find TextField3D in away3d4.0
Is there another way to create Text in view?

Alejandro Santander, Administrator
Posted: 26 September 2011 12:55 PM   Total Posts: 414   [ # 1 ]

Hey redfox,

TextField3D was a feature supported by 3.x which hasn’t yet been implemented in 4.x. Sorry!

This featured relied on Flash’s regular drawing API, vector based, and 4.x is built on top of a completely different game. We will see how we can implement it tho as soon as we can.

On the meantime, I recommend using text as regular geometry. You can design extruded text in a 3D editor and import it as any other 3D model.

hth

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 26 September 2011 12:57 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 2 ]

hi
as far as i know textfield3d is not yet implemented in the library. i remember someone of the team telling that this feature is not so easy to implement in molehill….

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

tcorbet, Jr. Member
Posted: 26 September 2011 11:36 PM   Total Posts: 31   [ # 3 ]

I think that you could probably accomplish what you want with Bunko.

This demo was created that way.

Please check the thread on 3D Text in the “Feature Request” section of the forum.

arlnace11, Newbie
Posted: 27 September 2011 10:55 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 4 ]

So that’s it the missing information i’ve waiting for. thanks

Ace
Natural Herbal Remedies

redfox2008cn, Newbie
Posted: 30 September 2011 01:42 AM   Total Posts: 21   [ # 5 ]

e…..,thank you all, I’m looking for another way to solve it

redfox2008cn, Newbie
Posted: 30 September 2011 03:36 AM   Total Posts: 21   [ # 6 ]

tcorbet,dose bunko’s offical website is http://ssshq.homedns.org:8886/BunkoBox ?I can’t open it,where can i get the source code or swc.

redfox2008cn, Newbie
Posted: 30 September 2011 04:04 AM   Total Posts: 21   [ # 7 ]

i got it..

tcorbet, Jr. Member
Posted: 30 September 2011 04:11 AM   Total Posts: 31   [ # 8 ]

Systems Strategies & Solutions does not have a permanent web site.  Hopefully you have been able to witness a current example of Bunko’s capabilities at:

http://ssshq.dyndns.org:86/

[Tomcat is no longer running on Port 8886, as you probably discovered.]

I also hope the notes provided in the PDF file on the thread dealing with 3D Text under “Feature Requests” was of some help.  For any/all of the code, send me an email at tcorbet AT ix DOT netcom DOT com.

tcorbet, Jr. Member
Posted: 03 October 2011 09:20 AM   Total Posts: 31   [ # 9 ]

The demo site now shows the handling of some Kanji characters, so the port from Bunko 2.3 to 3.0 is approaching parity.

I would appreciate any feed back regarding RenderMode set to software.  The Adobe Bug team is just sitting on my request to properly implement GPU RenderMode on a window by window basis in a multi-window desktop application.  They got so devoted to the mobile world that they have let the first AIR platform slip.

At the present time, it is only possible to get a Context3D that will revert to software when you open a new Window in a WindowedApplication and at least on my hardware, not only does the performance degrade so rapidly that it hurts to watch the statistics, but the software emulation seems to have some inaccuracies [regarding triangle faces] that show up in that mode.  At least for my application, if the user does not have a supported video card, they will not want to use it.

rich, Newbie
Posted: 12 October 2011 03:13 AM   Total Posts: 17   [ # 10 ]

Where could I get the source for bunko?

Thanks!

redfox2008cn - 30 September 2011 03:36 AM

tcorbet,dose bunko’s offical website is http://ssshq.homedns.org:8886/BunkoBox ?I can’t open it,where can i get the source code or swc.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X