Problem getting started with Away3D and Flash CS5.5

Software: Away3D 4.x

joma_ch, Newbie
Posted: 08 October 2011 12:45 PM   Total Posts: 3

Hey people!

Trying to get started with Away3D and Flash CS5.5, but i`m running into some problems.
I have started with these tutorials: http://www.flashmagazine.com/Tutorials/detail/away3d_basics_a_simple_away3d_class_explained/

I think I have everything setup correctly, but still I am getting this error when I try to publish: ...away3d-away3d-core-fp11-f71921fsrcaway3dcorerenderRendererBase.as, Line 212 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TextureBase.

I have tried to open it in Google Chrome, but the screen is just blank.
I have read something about Flash Player Incubator. Is this necessary to get this thing to work? (This might be a problem, since it is not available at the moment)

Since I`m completely new to this, I might be completely lost now so… help!

Thanks!

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 08 October 2011 03:52 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

If you are developing for Away3D 4.0, you need Flash Player 11, which was released this week. Download it from Adobe’s flash download page.

The article you’re reading however is not about Away3D 4.0, but 3.x.

joma_ch, Newbie
Posted: 08 October 2011 04:39 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

Ok. Hm.
I have Flash Player 11 installed, at least that’s what Chrome says. I just thought that maybe the Incubator-thingy was something else.

Are there great differences in Away3D 3.x and 4.x? Is this why the example won’t work?

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 08 October 2011 04:41 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

There are some pretty big differences, although most concepts are the same.

However, the issue that you’re having is that you are probably targeting the wrong player version (since the texture base class cannot be found.)

Make sure you have -swf-version=13 among your compiler arguments, and that you have the right playerglobal.swc.

joma_ch, Newbie
Posted: 08 October 2011 05:14 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]

That might be right.

I`m trying to find the files for Flash Player 11, but I cant locate them anywhere. Where is the playerglobal.swc supposed to be located?

And, where do I put the compiler-settings?

Thanks for answering all these newbie-questions wink

steros, Newbie
Posted: 18 October 2011 01:27 PM   Total Posts: 19   [ # 5 ]

Hey Joma,

Did you get an answer to your question already? I’m very new to Away3D as well but I think with some help of Richard I’m kind of on my way. Check the thread on the following link. That might help :D
http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/1046/

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X