Away3D 4 textfield->bitmapdata->bitmapmaterial->plane = blurry

Software: Away3D 4.x

canado, Newbie
Posted: 07 October 2011 12:09 PM   Total Posts: 11

Hi

I recently updated away3D from git, and before my texts were rended quite nicely and now it’s all blurry. see pictures attached.

the left is an old print-screen I kept
the right is what away renders now (the font is not the same but still you can see the big difference in quality)

How can I make it the way it was?

Matse, Sr. Member
Posted: 07 October 2011 06:02 PM   Total Posts: 149   [ # 1 ]

First thing that comes to mind would be checking the dimensions of the bitmapdata, as (unless I’m mistaken) textures must have dimensions that are power of 2 : 128x128, 32x256, 512x256… etc

Then if that’s not the problem maybe check with the “smooth” parameter set to false on the bitmapMaterial ?

Just guesses raspberry

canado, Newbie
Posted: 07 October 2011 06:16 PM   Total Posts: 11   [ # 2 ]

the bitmap data width and height are fine,
but I think it’s a graphic card issue, because at work I m on a mac and even if it’s slower, the text is just fine.

I ll try to check at home what graphic card’s driver version I have
(at home I m on w7)

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 07 October 2011 09:50 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

Are you using the final release of Flash Player 11, or are you still on one of the pre-release/incubator builds?

canado, Newbie
Posted: 07 October 2011 10:07 PM   Total Posts: 11   [ # 4 ]

Yes I have the latest flash player version the one available to the public (even though it s the debugger version)

but I think the problem is from my end, it must be a graphic card issue. My away3D stats shows me that the Direct9X is working and the cubes and planes are really fine, it seems to be only the text. I ll check it deeper this weekend.

Thanks for your help

‹‹ VideoMaterial events

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X