‘BasicLoad3Ds’ (demo by Rob Bateman (thanks!)—getting 3 fps on my Dell i5’ ?

Software: Away3D 4.x

greghudd, Newbie
Posted: 06 October 2011 12:24 AM   Total Posts: 5

(I incorrectly posted this into the wrong support forum earlier today).

Hi to the group.

The ‘BasicLoad3Ds’ (demo by Rob Bateman (thanks!)—is getting only 3 fps on my Dell i5’ ?

Software: Away3D 4.x
greghudd, Newbie
Posted: 05 October 2011 06:40 PM   Total Posts: 1

Hi to group.

(New to Away3d not to programming…)

Hi -

After some fiddling got Flex 4.5 + Away3d broomstick up and going.  Found and have working latest example code off GIT (‘BasicLoad3Ds’ (demo by Rob Bateman (thanks!)) compiled and running aok.

However, I am getting only ‘3 fps’ ?

Flash 11 (32 bit debug loaded), System is a Dell i5 R17 laptop with the built in (intel) graphics.

So I presume that H/W acceleration isnt really working and I am running against cpu cores (my little sidebar cpu meter in running at about 37%)

Doesnt smell right…  Anyone have any pointers on how I could proceed here?  Any way in code to detect if the H/W acceleration is working.  Demo out of the box doesnt say s/w render…

Away3d seems pretty sweet at first glance.  Excited to learn more about it.

More at 4pm PT !

—well apparently it may be the intel integrated graphics laptops may be broken with released flash player 11 as I am seeing ‘reports’ that pre-11 flash worked but released fp11 acc broken for lots of folks… I’ll bet thats whats going on here.  Just an fyi to the group (getting latest drivers from dell did not help :-(  )

TIA //GHudd

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 06 October 2011 07:49 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 1 ]

It’s a complete mystery as to why Adobe dropped Intel GPU support.
It worked perfectly with the Incubator builds.
Adobe have ignored all questions about this on the forums. I just hope it wasn’t a political decision. This has already proved a real problem when demoing for clients. Bad performance and no anti-aliasing are not what you want when demoing on the customers own machine :(

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X