Cannot compile a single example in the latest Away3D 4 & FP11 [SOLVED]

Software: Away3D 4.x

Euklide, Newbie
Posted: 05 October 2011 02:00 PM   Total Posts: 7

1. Is there an example for Away3d 4 and FP11 that *does* work with current versions?

So far I have tried many, even from wiki and none compiled successfully.
Classes etc have changed, there is no book out there and no tutorial updated.
Two books I bought, Away3d3.6 Essentials and Away3D 3.6 Cookbook are rather obsolete.  Even the Molehill example on the second one, on the appendix, doesn’t work with current version.

2. Is there a document about what have changed between 3.6 and 4?

3. Do you think it is possible to overcome those obstacles and develop something without huge loss of time asking around and guessing -or should I go to another engine until this one matures? I have previous experience in Papervision3D (but I need to use GPU acceleration).

Baush, Sr. Member
Posted: 05 October 2011 02:38 PM   Total Posts: 135   [ # 1 ]

As Flash11 is a bit fresh, and Adobe probably changes its API, there may be some adaptation required from the Away3D team.

My usual check list is :

1- Last playerglobals.swc from the Adobe website
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/playerglobal11_0.swc

2- swf-version=13 in the compiler parameters

3- Fresh update from the GIT repository of Away3D

4- wmode=direct in the html snippet

I’ve started using the content debugger player instead of the browser player with FlashDevelop. Check here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Hope this helps, I agree it’s a bit messy still to get it to work correctly. I had to adapt my project a bit to get it to work again with the release of Flash 11. Away3D 4.0 is still an alpha afterall wink

Euklide, Newbie
Posted: 05 October 2011 04:20 PM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 2 ]

Thanks for the responses, the GIT examples did work after I changed the non-existent PartialDirectionalShadowMapper and NearShadowMapMethod to other similar ones ( to DirectionalShadowMapper and ShadowMapperBase -although I’m not sure yet of what does the second one).

...GPU power to the people smile

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X