Artifacts on the texture of the models

Software: Away3D 4.x

Gustavo, Newbie
Posted: 14 July 2014 02:58 PM   Total Posts: 8

Hello Everybody,

We are developing a game using Away3D and although on our machines everything looks fine, some of our players have reported artifacts on the texture of the 3D models. (Image Attached)

I’ve never experienced this, and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same… and IF how was it solved?

Thank you

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 14 July 2014 06:52 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Downloading the files fails. Can you upload picts or use an url instead please?

Gustavo, Newbie
Posted: 15 July 2014 09:26 AM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 2 ]

There you go!
I did’t noticed the image was not loaded properly, sorry

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 15 July 2014 11:27 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

Better now, yet you have to give a bit more info about the way this scene/objects are builded.
The materials, methods, lights. how the blurry look is generated, If you do not have a too large camera.far value etc…

Gustavo, Newbie
Posted: 15 July 2014 01:53 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 4 ]

Here is the extra info Fabrice, thanks for your time….

The material of this model is using textures from ATF sprite-sheet.
Lights are baked and are being used from the same-sprite sheet.
Far value for camera is 8000.
The blurry look is a pre-blurred image on the sprite-sheet added to an additional model that is slightly bigger than the one that holds background texture.(nothing fancy going on there)

Important is to explain that the model with the blurred texture is actually rotating, but the artifacts are fixed on their position. AND every time that the game is opened they appear in a different place.

This also occurs ONLY on SOME Windows computers until now and no error is being dispatched.

PD: I have checked out the commit: “21e90e57121f02a0a6820349c93fa94806454073” tagged as “v4.1.5”

Gustavo, Newbie
Posted: 17 July 2014 11:25 AM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 5 ]

Any other information you might need to have a better picture of what might be the problem?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X