Slow touch performance on Windows 8 tablets

Software: Away3D 4.x

mrpinc, Sr. Member
Posted: 02 May 2014 12:55 PM   Total Posts: 119

I have some apps that I’ve built with Away 4.1.4 gold and am experiencing extremely laggy input when using touch devices likes the Dell Venue, Microsoft Surface Pro and and Asus Touch laptop.  On all devices when I try to use the touch screen it seems like input is extremely laggy.

For example I have a Mouse input class that I use to rotate the camera around objects, similar to the hover controller. When I use the Touch device evertying renders fine (60 fps) but my touch inputs are delayed so if I want to change the direction I am rotating the camera (via changing my finger swipe direction) it might take 2-3 seconds before the camera actually changes.

The thing is, if I plug a mouse into these devices then everything works just as expected.  In fact if I plug in a 42 inc touch monitor (which I believe uses IR fields for touch input) then things behave as expected.

So I’m looking for any insight that someone might have about this issue.

mrpinc, Sr. Member
Posted: 05 May 2014 02:49 PM   Total Posts: 119   [ # 1 ]

After some investigating it appears this issue is with Adobe AIR itself.  If you use the latest version of AIR (13 or 4) then the problem occurs but if you revert back to AIR SDK 3.4 to package your app, the problem goes away.

I’ve filed a bug report with Adobe:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3755074

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X