Errors in Away3d

Software: Away3D 4.x

Krappt, Newbie
Posted: 01 November 2013 11:35 AM   Total Posts: 27

Hello!

In my application, periodically there are different errors. These errors do not affect the application, but I’d like to fix them.

Please explain the significance of these errors and how they might be related.

1. Error: Error #1502
at away3d.core.base::SubGeometryBase/updateVertexTangents() at away3d.core.base::CompactSubGeometry/updateVertexTangents() at away3d.core.base::CompactSubGeometry/get vertexData() at away3d.bounds::BoundingVolumeBase/fromGeometry() at away3d.entities::Mesh/updateBounds() ... at away3d.containers::View3D/render() at dress.view.away::A3DEngine/onEnterFrame()

2.Error: Error #1502
at away3d.core.render::DefaultRenderer/drawRenderables() at away3d.core.render::DefaultRenderer/draw() at away3d.core.render::RendererBase/executeRender() at away3d.core.render::DefaultRenderer/executeRender() at away3d.core.render::RendererBase/render() at away3d.containers::View3D/render() at dress.view.away::A3DEngine/onEnterFrame()

3. Error: Error #1502
at away3d.materials.utils::MipmapGenerator$/generateMipMaps() at away3d.textures::BitmapTexture/uploadContent() at away3d.textures::TextureProxyBase/getTextureForStage3D() at away3d.materials.methods::BasicDiffuseMethod/activate() at away3d.materials.passes::CompiledPass/activate() ... at away3d.containers::View3D/render() at dress.view.away::A3DEngine/onEnterFrame()

4. Error: Error #1502 away3d.core.base::SubGeometryBase/updateVertexTangents() at away3d.core.base::CompactSubGeometry/updateVertexTangents() at away3d.core.base::CompactSubGeometry/get vertexData() at away3d.bounds::BoundingVolumeBase/fromGeometry() at away3d.entities::Mesh/updateBounds() ... at away3d.containers::View3D/render() at dress.view.away::A3DEngine/onEnterFrame()

5. Error: Error #1502
at away3d.containers::Scene3D/traversePartitions() at away3d.containers::View3D/render() at dress.view.away::A3DEngine/onEnterFrame(

Thanks.

Krappt, Newbie
Posted: 11 November 2013 02:28 PM   Total Posts: 27   [ # 1 ]

Does not anyone know?

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 11 November 2013 03:19 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

“periodically there are different errors”
Try provide a simple case that reproduce the error with what you were “periodically” doing.
This 1502 error is often associated with scripts that are exceeding the player default timeout. If you do not get null errors or similar, try compile with additional compiler arguments like

default-script-limits
max-recursion-depth
max-execution-time

The max-recursion-depth value specifies the maximum depth of Adobe Flash Player call stack before Flash Player stops. This is essentially the stack overflow limit. The default value is 1000.

The max-execution-time value specifies the maximum duration, in seconds, that an ActionScript event handler can execute before Flash Player assumes that it is hung, and aborts it. The default value is 60 seconds. You cannot set this value above 60 seconds.

Krappt, Newbie
Posted: 12 November 2013 12:23 PM   Total Posts: 27   [ # 3 ]

Thank you for reply.

I have tried increase the time interval. Unfortunately, there is a limit of 60 seconds, and this method does not resolve the problem.

Are there any ideas?

Posted: 12 November 2013 01:18 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

Sounds like you should implement some green threading mechanism into your code…

Krappt, Newbie
Posted: 12 November 2013 01:28 PM   Total Posts: 27   [ # 5 ]

The majority of these errors occur during parsing of 3D models. How can I implement a timer / delay or green threading in away3d?

Posted: 12 November 2013 02:19 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 6 ]

Away has a greenthreading implemented into the parsers, however, it is expected to feed the parsers when your data is fully there. If you load large files, as seen very often in CAD world, you’ll have to implement a buffering before pass the data to the parser.

Krappt, Newbie
Posted: 12 November 2013 02:31 PM   Total Posts: 27   [ # 7 ]

Could you tell me more about the buffering? Or maybe provide a link to an example?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X