Strange issue with alpha using away3d with flash display objects

Software: Away3D 4.x

se468, Newbie
Posted: 06 November 2013 03:52 PM   Total Posts: 3

Hi,

it seems like I’ve found a strange bug with away3d with flash projector.

When using away3d with regular flash display objects, the alpha properties don’t seem to work as expected.

What happens is that sometimes, it seems to put a white background to textboxes or images that should have transparent background.

It happens when only hardware acceleration is enabled on the flash projector. When it is disabled, the issue is gone but the 3d objects appear jagged.

Attached is an example of the issue.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 06 November 2013 05:04 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 1 ]

What does the code for your text-box look like?
One workaround could be to draw() a transparent sprite containing you textField into a Bitmap and use that instead of the “live” textField.

Still seems like a strange bug though. Any reason for using projector instead of AIR?

Good Luck!

se468, Newbie
Posted: 06 November 2013 07:05 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

The textbox is just a regular flash textbox without any special effects, using normal blending.

The problem happens for all flash display objects including movie clips, sprites, bitmap.

Even for bitmaps or png images with transparent background, sometimes the same transparency issues happen, strange thing is that it only happens with certain images.

I’m using flash projector not for any special reason, but it does the same thing for Air.

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 07 November 2013 06:50 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 3 ]

Anyone else experience this?
I can only think that it is an issue specific to your hardware. Have you tried it on other machines?

se468, Newbie
Posted: 07 November 2013 06:28 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]

Yes, I tried it on multiple machines. It doesn’t seem to be an issue with my machine because other machines gave the same result

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X