Problem when using swc library

Software: Away3D 4.x

Incell, Newbie
Posted: 03 November 2013 03:08 PM   Total Posts: 2

Hi.

I’m struggling for few hours already and I can’t find the solution.

When I set up my test Away3D project as “Actionscript Project” using Away .as files library and running it as Flash Builder 4.6 project, everything works just fine (after adding wmode=“direct” to html template.

When in the same project I delete all .as Away3D classes and use .swc file as Away3D library, FB doesn’t see some classes (like Mesh - I’m running basic tutorial example) or some properties and functions (view.camera.x, view.camera.lookAt(), plane.rotationY). The problem is even bigger when I try to run this as “Flash Professional Project” which I can’t run because of compile errors. Am I doing something wrong here or is there a common issue with using .swc library?

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 04 November 2013 08:43 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 1 ]

Have you added the swc to your library?
http://interactivesection.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/use_flash_code_library_in_flex.jpg

Otherwise you should explore the swc and check it includes the classes.
And of course you could always use the .as library. I prefer to do this, to enable any tweeks I might want to make for particular projects.

Good Luck!

Incell, Newbie
Posted: 04 November 2013 07:06 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 2 ]

Yes, I added swc to my library, the way I always do in Flash Projects. For some reason, Flash Builder (nor Flash Professional) can’t see some classes. I use fresh downloads from Download section on this site (that means 4.1.4 Gold) and as I check in catalog.xml in .swc, it does contain those classes. I prefer to use .swc due to compiling time.

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 04 November 2013 07:33 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 3 ]

Fair enough, then I’m fresh out of ideas…

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X