High Resolution Screenshot

Software: Away3D 3.x

Hector, Sr. Member
Posted: 27 August 2013 03:31 PM   Total Posts: 137

Hi All,

This question is about Away3D v3.x:

Is it possible to get a screenshot (or bitmmap, bitmapdata, etc.) of a higher resolution than the view3D dimensions?
Eg: View3D size is 320x200 and I want to get an image of 1280x640.

I know I could change the screenshot size or I could increase the View3D size, then take screenshot, then reduce size, but I would like to avoid that if possible.

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 August 2013 12:02 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 1 ]

It’s been many years now since I used v3, but the short answer is no.
Is there any reason you can’t scale up for creating the screenshot?
I’ve used that technique for creating multiple views and found it easy and effective.

Good Luck!

Hector, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 August 2013 01:08 PM   Total Posts: 137   [ # 2 ]

Thanks theMightyAtom,

I’m adding a printing functionality to print several images of different camera angles. I think it would look weird if the user see the 3D area taking the whole flash window while taking the screenshots.

Maybe your technique solves that part?

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 August 2013 01:37 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 3 ]

What I did was black out the 3d window (i.e. black rectangle on top, as with v4 the 3D window must be on the display list to render), with a message “Creating Thumbnails…” and have the thumbnails of the screenshots appear in a row as they were rendered. This is of course just an interface idea, and the only reason I actually did it was to make sure there was no mouse interaction (give the black rectangle a mouseEvent listener that does nothing) while the rendering was going on, and that was easier than turning all possible listeners (in 2D and 3D) off and on again.

Cheers!

Hector, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 August 2013 01:39 PM   Total Posts: 137   [ # 4 ]

Thanks again theMightyAtom, it works nice as you said smile

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X