Away3D 4.x & Air 3.4 SDK 3.6 - Depth sorting issues

Software: Away3D 4.x

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 11 October 2012 04:02 AM   Total Posts: 209

Hi,

I have some major depth sorting problems with simple textured planes using Away3D 4.0.9 in an Android AIR application. Anyone got any tips on the depth sorting problems?

I have a plane at Z: 800 and 4x3 cubes infront of it.. Fine in emulator, fine on desktop doesn’t work on mobile. Cubes are behind the plane.

Also the cubes form a wall of 4 by 3. The cubes have zero gap between them, but they keep showing sides behind or through to what should not be seen.

Stencil helps, but you can kiss goodbye to all mobiles at 1Ghz or lower then.

Any ideas?

Thanks

D

sangpil, Newbie
Posted: 15 October 2012 12:12 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 1 ]

I have same issue in an Android with Air 3.5 beta.

timd, Newbie
Posted: 01 February 2013 10:53 PM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 2 ]

Did anyone find a solution? I’m having the same problem with Android. I have a terrain mesh and a plane representing water. The terrain is being textured using the water texture wherever one is on top of another, despite the terrain being above the water.

Works fine on the emulator but not on my android mobile.

Thanks in advance!

timd, Newbie
Posted: 02 February 2013 11:24 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 3 ]

I’ve done some experimenting and it turns out whichever texture is defined first as a variable is then used to texture both elevation and the water plane mesh.

As a solution is there a way of applying 2 different textures to the same elevation?

ddddesigns, Jr. Member
Posted: 27 July 2013 05:53 PM   Total Posts: 37   [ # 4 ]

I had the same issue.  I wound up solving the issue.

You may need to build your planes as models and then import them into AwayBuilder.  Assign the materials to the object.  Then in the materials, switch from singlepass to multipass.  Then if you plan to load the textures dynamically, remove them from the model.  Seems stupid to add the materials and then remove them but it may help.

iansen, Newbie
Posted: 28 July 2013 11:20 AM   Total Posts: 17   [ # 5 ]

Been having the same problem… I’ve just offset the elevations by a couple of pixels and it stops doing that ... but this is not a fix and it only works in my case - the camera angle doesn’t reveal the offset.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X