How to achieve the 3D pop-up book flipping effect?

Software: Away3D 4.x

HugoW, Newbie
Posted: 27 May 2013 10:33 AM   Total Posts: 11

Creating All!

Does any one know how to achieve 3D book flip effect like following two links?
Ecodazoo
Sample Project 1

Basically, I’d like to learn the logic of flipping the objects within the book and the pages as well. Any suggestion is welcome! Thanks

BRs- Hugo

merryflip, Newbie
Posted: 08 July 2013 06:12 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 1 ]

well, I‘m now using XFlip flipping book software that is one powerful too to create digital publications with 3D flash page flip effect.

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 08 July 2013 07:27 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 2 ]

There’s no “magic bullet” or framework i’m aware of to achieve this.
The page itself is a simple plain that can easily be manipulated (i.e. rotated around z axis) in code. Taking a very close look at Ecodazoo, I would guess he builds the model and uses a modifier routine, just like bend or twist, but one that “folds” the vertices flat. I’d always thought the models where also made of “paper”, but closer inspection reveals they are solid.
The thing I would struggle with is the actual graphic design, which is truly wonderful and together with the slick transitions, make this project a Flash classic.

I’m sure I could program this effect for you if you need it for a commercial project.

Good Luck!

beers, Member
Posted: 08 July 2013 08:41 PM   Total Posts: 53   [ # 3 ]

If i had to do something similar i would make each page its own bones rig in maya or max or whatever, and animate the popup that way. Then in away3d each time the user turns the page you just play the appropriate popup animation.

The ecodazoo project is simply amazing - thanks for posting the link

beers

jennifer, Newbie
Posted: 25 June 2014 09:36 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 4 ]

The book flipping effect looks so great! I think you can make the flipping page effect for an ebook by using this 3d flip book tool.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X