Away Builder Range Error 1125 loaging OBJexported in MAYA

Software: Away3D 4.x

Mar, Newbie
Posted: 21 June 2013 03:35 PM   Total Posts: 29

Hi there,

My Away Builder collapses when I try to charge a model in it. It shows Range Error 11125 on the screen an I have to restart the program to be able to do anything else with it.

What is the meaning of that Error 1125? And how can I fix it?

First I thought my model may have too many polygons and the program didn’t support it, but I tried with Prefab and it loaded, so…

Oh! I can’t use Prefab to make my AWD because when I put some lightpickers in the materials it shows many defects in my model, and with Away Builder I can see them and fix this (well, it actually didn’t happen this when I worked with only a few meshes).

What’s the maximum Away Builder’s supports when we tall about polygons? I need to load a car model.

Thanks!

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 21 June 2013 05:32 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

If you have “defects” if you add a lightPicker within Prefab, you either got a warning at load saying some buffers were repaired or your model doesn’t hold the necessary data for lighting. Most likely your normals were missing or are not fully set. Which probably explains why it crash AwayBuilder.

The polygon limitation is more or less linked to your videocard and ram.

What are the defects that you get? Have you tried once selected to right mouse click explode your model and merge smooth after that?

Mar, Newbie
Posted: 24 June 2013 09:22 AM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 2 ]

Hi Fabrice,

I have my model in AwayBuilder, but since I don’t seem to find how to mirror some of mi meshes in there, I thought about doing it (the ones to be mirrored) in Prefab. When I import 3d my model it show a pop up window that says:

3 subgeometries were found to have uv values out of bounds.
Repeat was set to true on the materials using these uvs.
—————————————————————
List of meshes with uv changes:
—————————————————————
- FrontWindow_Windshield, material Submesh: 0, set repeat to true.
- Car_Blackhole, material Submesh: 0, set repeat to true.
- SideWindow_II, material Submesh: 0, set repeat to true.

So I don’t get the warning you were talking about. But I think you’re right, it looks like a normals problem. Although they work with Away Builder when I import the meshes separately (not all my model at once) How can I fix my normals in Maya then? (sorry I’m new with Maya).

The defects I get are like if the program went crazy in some places with the vertexes of the triangles. I mean, the geometry is fine, but it doesn’t smooth the triangle faces and when lighted it shows like dirt in some vertexes, like if the geometry was messed up but it’s not, it’s just a light deffect on the geometry, I don’t really know how to explain it, let me show you in the attachment. The only difference in it is that in Prefab I have the whole car model, and in AwayBuilder I only have the paint, because it crashes when I try to load the whole model.

Posted: 24 June 2013 10:46 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

The warings are just saying you have uv’s that have values beneath 0 or above 1. Repeat is set to true for these materials to prevent streched maps.

The above pict shows indeed problems with normals. Would you mind send me offline at fabrice3d at gmail dot com the obj of the body so I can test it?

Mar, Newbie
Posted: 24 June 2013 03:03 PM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 4 ]

Hi,

Thanks a lot Fabrice, but I’m afraid I’m not allowed to send you the model, it’s agains my work’s policy :( Could you just give me a few guidelines so I can try it myself and let you know afterward if it worked?

Sorry…

Posted: 24 June 2013 03:36 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 5 ]

I need to inspect your geometry, from what I will see, I may or not have a solution or be able to bring a fix into Prefab (and eventually return you a corrected model as the fix would not be in current version). If you cannot send me the model offline (just the damaged body parts), I’m affraid I cannot do much for you…

Mar, Newbie
Posted: 18 July 2013 10:09 AM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 6 ]

Hi Fabrice, I sent you an email last week, did you get it?

Mar, Newbie
Posted: 23 July 2013 02:22 PM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 7 ]

Hello Fabrice,

I isolated the geometry that was giving me some trouble, and I sent it to you by email, the one that was crashing my Away Builder. Did you have the chance to take a look at it? I still haven´t found what is wrong with it, nor why it works in prefab and not in Away Builder, and since I´m loading only one awd file with my model I need to be able to import it in AwayBuilder.

Thanks again

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X