flash builder or flash pro for away 3D

Software: Away3D 4.x

ysirjean, Newbie
Posted: 14 June 2013 10:18 PM   Total Posts: 8

Hi,
I’m new in this forum.
Away3D seems to be done to be added as a flash pro library (view extends sprite).
I want to make a 3D viewer with flash builder 4.6 or 4.7 (i don’t like the flash pro editor).
Is it really a good choice ? (it seem’s to be a bit hard to implements because the use of UIcomponents in fb, you need to set backgroundalpha to 0 and other components like buttons seems to be not accessible, etc…).
All the showcases seems to be done with flashpro ?
I just want to go in the good direction to be efficient.
So, flash pro or flash builder or why not flash developp ?
Thank’s
Yannick

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 14 June 2013 11:54 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 1 ]

Hi

I think FlashDevelop is a very good tool for coding. Same is true for FlashBuilder.

Flash Pro is not really a good IDE for coding. I use it only sometimes to prepare content (e.g. create some MovieClips).

I am very shure most of the showcase stuff is not done in Flash Pro.
The issue with having all UI-backgrounds set to alpha=0, is true for every project that is using the Flex-FrameWork isntead of pure actionscript.
In FlashDevelop and FlashBuilder, you can create pure AS3-projects or Flex-projects.
If you want to use the Flex-stuff, you have to take care of the background-transparentzy of the ui-elements.
Instead of using Flex, for most projects it makes sense to use a pure actionscript component-library like minimalChomps.

i like to use Flashdevelop because it comes for free, and i never ever had any weird issues/bugs when working with it + it compiles a lot faster than FlashPro.

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

loth, Sr. Member
Posted: 16 June 2013 07:22 AM   Total Posts: 236   [ # 2 ]

Yes i use FlashDevelop too
i can compile Air, Flash or Android Apk
with same source (maybe i make tutorial about that + flash preloader)

you have FDT great for code debug en cleaning but not free for big project
and no icon for android ? smile

drygu, Newbie
Posted: 18 June 2013 10:38 AM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 3 ]

You can try IntelliJ IDEA (Ultimate for as3 support) also. I’ve tried FDT, FlashDevelop and IntelliJ and i think that last one is best choice for big projects.

FrankEnd, Newbie
Posted: 18 June 2013 12:03 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 4 ]

All of the examples here are done with Flex, which you should find fairly easy to replicate in Flash Builder.

I use Flash Builder with Away3D projects, I think I would probably start self-harming if I had to use Flash Pro!

http://polygeek.com/2011/04/18/basics/

ysirjean, Newbie
Posted: 05 July 2013 09:57 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 5 ]

Thanks for all these explanations.

I recommand polygeek examples :
ex :
http://polygeek.com/flex/Away3D_101_v36/srcview/index.html

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password