Implementing ATF into away3d Gold

Software: Away3D 4.x

Matej, Jr. Member
Posted: 27 May 2013 08:46 AM   Total Posts: 38

Hello,

(tabing from Title doesnt go into message body smile on forums)

Is it straight forward to implement ATF into 4.0 latest master release by pulling the ATF Feature branch or should I go to dev branch and try with 4.1?

I am asking this because i have prefab classes that were exported for away4.0.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 27 May 2013 09:41 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

If you have classes with embeds, yes it’s pretty straight forward. Using 4.0 or 4.1. If you load externally then you will have to modify the asset loading part.

nehvaleem, Newbie
Posted: 27 May 2013 10:50 AM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 2 ]

I ve got another question regarding ATF’s:
shouldn’t the process of loading and displaying be asynchronous? I am loading atf texture by URLLoader and in Event.COMPLETE handler I am creating texture using bytearray from loader.data - everything works just great but I am experiencing framerate loss during this process :( Am I doing something wrong?

btw. i am loading several large textures at the time, but i don’t think that this could be an issue in case of asynchronous loading.

I will be very grateful for any response.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 27 May 2013 12:03 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

That’s when a program such as Monocle/Scout is handy… or add getTimer and compair values etc…

nehvaleem, Newbie
Posted: 27 May 2013 01:43 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 4 ]

I don’t know if it is an answer to my question.BasicallyI would like to know if process of loading and displaying ATF texture can be async from start to the end? If so - I will investigate it deeper using scout but I really could use some help in matter where to look for the cause.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X