Fresh meat need orientation and help! (low level coder panic)

Software: Away3D 4.x

Des Esseintes, Newbie
Posted: 22 May 2013 08:53 PM   Total Posts: 3

Hi Everybody

first sorry for my horrible english i like a 4 year old child! but i understand more than i can type or speak!

i dont have a problem, i have a short proyect time and a salad of concepts in my head, two days reading and watching tutorials, learning and copy paste let me in a near to coma state.
So the proyect is in theory very simple, i must show an office (previsioly model by the 3d model team for a 3ds file this materials come with a lot of jpg files) the users can rotate the room, zoom it, and click it on diferent object, when they click a popup appear with information and thats it.

sound easy!
ok i don have idea how to start, in this moment im fighting with load the 3ds with a lot of errors but a tons of hope.

any orientation will be welcome, sorry again for my monkey english.
if you need more information tell me!!

XD

tx

Esseintes

mrpinc, Sr. Member
Posted: 22 May 2013 09:03 PM   Total Posts: 119   [ # 1 ]

The most obvious place to start would be to learn the Away 3D examples.  In there are several projects that load models either from external or embeded sources. 

So step 1 would be to swap in your model for one of those.

Next that are examples of ‘mouse picking’  this how you will create your interactivity.

Hopefully that’s something to go on.  It’s not terribly specific but neither is your question so here’s hoping it helps.

Des Esseintes, Newbie
Posted: 22 May 2013 09:17 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

mrpinc tx a lot for your reply.

and yes at this moment im fighting with the basic load3DS example take fron git and i have a question.

in all the examples are one 3ds and 1 texture as a jpg file, in my case, the 3ds file come with a lot of jpg files them when i load it (the 3ds file) crush.
i see when assigment of the materials from that jpg file, this is confuse, or maybe i freezing in a foolish thing.

Tx again i keep working!

oldkyx, Newbie
Posted: 23 May 2013 04:51 AM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 3 ]

You can also use awd exporter in max and prepare materials in builder. Just embed materials in model. In this case loading be an easy and relaxed.
For viewing realization read about cameras and controllers.
Pop-up content may be the 3d, just use plane geometry and prepared bitmap with info. Or, there is a way to use some global pop-up viewer, like fancybox in js.

Other way with 3ds file and many jpegs - use something like xml, wich contains information about each mesh and it’s material. I mean just load meshes from 3ds, then load jpegs and put their bimapData to veoctor fo bitmapData for example.

Then easy to make foreach in xml nodes and assign materials to meshes.

Des Esseintes, Newbie
Posted: 23 May 2013 01:50 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]

after read and read! try and crash, i ask to the 3d model team, which software use to model it? and the answer is cinema4d, i know for the forum that this software are more complicated for import even if they use the export to 3ds tools of cinema4d.

hard first proyect!

anyway, i downloaded 3ds max, model a cube export and load follow the load3ds example and work great, now rest see how can i import the cinema4d file in 3ds max and export for away.

TX all for the replies! XD

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 23 May 2013 03:12 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 5 ]

Hi

There is a AWD-exporter available for Cinema4D.

See here: https://github.com/80prozent/C4D-AWD-Bridge

Hope that helps.

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

maricate, Jr. Member
Posted: 23 May 2013 05:16 PM   Total Posts: 36   [ # 6 ]

I cant create new posts…

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X