3.6 to 411 question of perhaps focus

Software: Away3D 4.x

FJW, Newbie
Posted: 21 May 2013 03:13 PM   Total Posts: 20

Hi guys
I have an app built with away3d 3.6 that is simple stage objects, background, buttons and listbox.
On top of which is a simple sphere moving left to right and back.

In v411, I cant do this, or so far I can’t since once I add the view, everything stops working.

Regards
Frederick

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 21 May 2013 04:41 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Not sure what you want to ask here…
If you want help, we need more than “I can’t”
For instance, you say it stops. What does stop? The rendering? Do you get errors? If yes which one?
You do not see your sphere and there is no errors. Are you aware of how the Flash player 11 and higher renders a combo Stage3D/display list?

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/flashplayer/articles/introducing_Starling/image007.jpg

Give us a bit more and we’ll try to help you.

FJW, Newbie
Posted: 22 May 2013 08:13 AM   Total Posts: 20   [ # 2 ]

Hi
Thank you very much for the reply. I have added a zip of my test.
I do not understand the displaylist etc in full though am willing to learn more as always. The app is very simple and the problem I have is not being able to hit the buttons, the list or see the sphere.
Have been working in 3.6v and have encountered publishing problems hence the move to 411 which seems to oversome the problem.
Thanks in advance.
Frederick

File Attachments
Test411.zip  (File Size: 2003KB - Downloads: 157)

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 22 May 2013 09:18 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

I do not have CS6, so I can’t open your fla to look at your assets. As I presume your problem is there. You expect the Sphere to be rendered on top or inside your display list. Look again at the image I posted. the 3d layer is behind, always behind display list.
This means that if you have a movieclip with a background and you say, addChild(view3D); it will be there, it will render but UNDER your movieclip.
on screen you will see only your empty movieclip. if you give an alpha of your movieclip or make a hole in it, you will see the sphere beneath it.

Read more on Adobe devnet site, google stage3D etc…

FJW, Newbie
Posted: 22 May 2013 09:30 AM   Total Posts: 20   [ # 4 ]

Hi
Thanks for the reply, I understand what you are saying.
Its a whole new ballgame from 3.6 to 411, almost like starting from scratch.
Best regards
Frederick

Limouse-Lee, Newbie
Posted: 25 May 2013 06:22 AM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 5 ]

i made some modify in your AS file.
now, i can see the earth and the moon.
have a check…

File Attachments
Test411doc.as  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 327)

FJW, Newbie
Posted: 25 May 2013 07:31 AM   Total Posts: 20   [ # 6 ]

Hi
All I can say is Bravo as I could not. Can you now click the buttons? What happens if you publish the app? Each time I try it with 411 I just get a white display on the app. Tried to download your amendments but cannot.
Best regards
Frederick

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X