strange behaviour after moving project to Flash Builder 4.7

Software: Away3D 4.x

hfeist, Jr. Member
Posted: 18 May 2013 10:09 PM   Total Posts: 37

After creating a new mobile AIR IOS (IPad) project in 4.7 with files from 4.6 I am baffled by what I see.

I have a number of meshes exported from Prefab as classes which are now invisible when loaded. The trace tool reports visible=true on all of them but nothing appears in the view.
I also have a skybox and a ground plane which do a strange disappearance ritual. Whichever is added to the stage LAST is visible—whichever is first doesn’t appear at all.

var skyBx:SkyBox=new SkyBox(cubeTexture);
scene.addChild(skyBx);

var 
plane:Mesh = new Mesh(new PlaneGeometry(5000050000), waterMaterial);
plane.geometry.scaleUV(200200);
plane.= -50;
scene.addChild(plane); 

I don’t know where to begin looking for answers. Perhaps something is missing in the project parameters—like the proper compiler string. I have entered

locale en_US -swf-version=15 

or perhaps I haven’t installed the AIR SDK properly.

Any suggestions?

sargon, Member
Posted: 20 May 2013 11:57 AM   Total Posts: 51   [ # 1 ]

Hi, I had similar situation while migrating to Fb 4.7 and Adobe Gaming Sdk, and the problem was in away3d engine (that works ok before). I use one that is included in Gaming Sdk and problem was solved… No idea why.

Hope this can help.

Regards

hfeist, Jr. Member
Posted: 20 May 2013 03:05 PM   Total Posts: 37   [ # 2 ]

Thanks for the suggestion. Though I couldn’t get the SDK version going I did manage with version 4.1.1 beta

GoroMatsumoto, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 May 2013 04:56 PM   Total Posts: 166   [ # 3 ]

I always use “Clean” command when I run into a problem of compiling on FB 4.7. For example, when I immigrated to new Away3D. (Project > Clean…)
Or delete contents included in your bin folder, and try build.
Anyway, you should take a backup, at first : )
Have you tried?

hfeist, Jr. Member
Posted: 20 May 2013 07:12 PM   Total Posts: 37   [ # 4 ]

Yes, Clean is a regular chore. I haven’t tried emptying the bin folder before though. But thanks to sargon’s tip I have it working now.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X