Too many Stage3D instances used

Software: Away3D 4.x

migo, Newbie
Posted: 03 July 2012 10:21 AM   Total Posts: 5

Hello,

I am trying to create more than 4 view3D objects in my program, in order to display different views of my 3D object.

It is working up to 4 views, but above this number, i get this message :
“Too many Stage3D instances used!”

I already looked on the forum for the same problem : i got a few results. For example this post : http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/2489/#7726

I tried to do ASWC’s method - using myview.dispose() and recreating the view3D object after, but I can’t manage to make it work. To be more accurate, where in my code should I dispose the view and and recreate it ?

Thanks for your help.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 03 July 2012 07:27 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

You can’t have more than four views running at the same time. If you for some reason need several views, but they don’t need to be visible at the same time, you should dispose() the views when you no longer need them, i.e. if you remove one view you should also dispose it. Then if you create another one it will use the same Stage3D instance as the old one used before it was disposed.

migo, Newbie
Posted: 04 July 2012 02:51 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 2 ]

Hello,

Actually I need all the views to run in the same time…

There is a limitation in the away3D packages that limits to 4 views. I tried to overpass it by modifying the sources… without success.

Is it even possible to “upgrade” the code ? Or will I be limited by the hardware anyway ?

Thanks.

AfKun, Newbie
Posted: 18 April 2013 03:09 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 3 ]

Hello,

I’m having the same problem, does anyone knows if it’s now possible to overpass the limitation?

thanks

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X