First Person Camera

Software: Away3D 4.x

louis87, Jr. Member
Posted: 05 August 2011 11:56 AM   Total Posts: 46

Hi, I want to implement a First Person Camera with the mouse. The problem is that the cursor can exit of the stage and I don’t find the way to make it stay in the center of it.

Anyone know how can I resolve this?

Thanks!!

Qbrain, Member
Posted: 05 August 2011 12:02 PM   Total Posts: 92   [ # 1 ]

fullscreen? Just an idea…

-Q

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 05 August 2011 12:26 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

You can’t… we have requested Mouse delta’s feature many times.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 05 August 2011 01:05 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

To clarify; This is something that the Flash Player does not support. Adobe has hinted that they are taking initiatives to improve Flash Player for 3D gaming, and one would assume that this would be one of the features that are high on their list. But as they have yet to release anything in this regard, we can’t really know if or when it’s coming.

So for now it’s not something that you can do, regardless of what 3D engine you use. It’s simply not something that the Flash Player supports, whereas lower-level languages are able to “hijack” the mouse input from the operating system.

Let Adobe know you want it! smile

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 08 August 2011 08:22 PM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 4 ]

definitely one of the most annoying “can’t do’s” in Flash. I suppose they thought it was a security feature so that the mouse can’t be hijacked to do things like click to open and write a file. Seems like it wouldn’t be terribly difficult to ensure that can’t happen while still giving us control on where the pointer is placed. I’ve wanted it many times in non-3D cases as well

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X