4.1 particles ParticlePropertiesMode.LOCAL_DYNAMIC how to set properties?

Software: Away3D 4.x

3dNewb, Sr. Member
Posted: 05 December 2012 01:12 PM   Total Posts: 105

Anybody with some expierence with the new particle system willing to share how I can set the position properties of particles when I set them to ParticlePropertiesMode.LOCAL_DYNAMIC ?

initParticleFunc is only called when the particle is initialized, but I would like my particle to receive a new position everytime it is created.

xynsei, Newbie
Posted: 07 January 2013 03:00 PM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 1 ]

I would also like to know.

NoseKills, Newbie
Posted: 31 January 2013 12:14 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 2 ]

Me too.

More Specifically my problem is i’d like to create, let’s say, a movable torch.

I have a hunch that i need to use LOCAL_DYNAMIC to make the flame follow the torch naturally.

Moving the particle mesh of course makes the flame appear rigid no matter how you move the torch. With a FollowNode it becomes slightly better but the particles get emitted as a trail behind the torch.

Max Did It, Newbie
Posted: 04 February 2013 11:26 PM   Total Posts: 16   [ # 3 ]
NoseKills - 31 January 2013 12:14 PM

More Specifically my problem is i’d like to create, let’s say, a movable torch.

I was trying something very similar. I finally achieved the effect with the help of the ParticleFollowNode class.

I found a helpful example here:
http://www.cnblogs.com/keng/archive/2013/01/03.html

NoseKills, Newbie
Posted: 05 February 2013 01:39 PM   Total Posts: 8   [ # 4 ]

Thanks.
That’s the same example i found and it’s a step to the right direction, but as mentioned, it creates this effect

http://koti.mbnet.fi/sampora/test.html (use arrow keys left & right)

seems like each particle in the geometry set gets emitted once from each position where the ship is at on each enterFrame (?)

I think the same effect is visible in the example if you just set it to move faster.

edit. OK now I’ve effectively hijacked the thread and took it to a different direction :/ . Would still be helpful if someone could instruct us on using LOCAL_DYNAMIC.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X