Compiling Away3D 4.0.9 Gold

Software: Away3D 4.x

meddlingwithfire, Newbie
Posted: 01 December 2012 10:56 PM   Total Posts: 5

Is there a set of instructions somewhere on how to compile the 4.0.9 Gold release?  When I drop the 4.0.9 gold folders into a Flex Builder project and try to build, I receive a set of about 50 errors.  Here’s what a few of them look like:

Description Resource Path Location Type
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterCache. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 191 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 100 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 105 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 110 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 115 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 124 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 129 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 138 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 143 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 152 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 157 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 162 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 167 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 176 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 181 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 230 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 230 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 257 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ShaderRegisterElement. ShadingMethodBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/methods line 263 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Texture2DBase. AWD2Parser.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/loaders/parsers line 430 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Texture2DBase. BackgroundImageRenderer.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/core/render line 102 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Texture2DBase. BackgroundImageRenderer.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/core/render line 107 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Texture2DBase. DepthMapPass.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/passes line 52 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Texture2DBase. DepthMapPass.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/passes line 57 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Texture2DBase. DistanceMapPass.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/passes line 56 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Texture2DBase. DistanceMapPass.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/materials/passes line 61 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Texture2DBase. View3D.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/containers line 204 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Texture2DBase. View3D.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/containers line 209 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TextureProxyBase. ShadowMapperBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/lights/shadowmaps line 38 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TextureProxyBase. ShadowMapperBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/lights/shadowmaps line 61 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: TextureProxyBase. ShadowMapperBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/lights/shadowmaps line 93 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: WireframePrimitiveBase. BoundingVolumeBase.as /TestAway3dCompile/src/away3d/bounds line 56 Flex Problem
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: WireframePrimitiveBase. BoundingVolumeBase.as /T

aeki, Member
Posted: 02 December 2012 07:53 AM   Total Posts: 73   [ # 1 ]

You should have a look at this post |

http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/1375/#5034

meddlingwithfire, Newbie
Posted: 03 December 2012 03:29 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 2 ]

Yeah, I looked at that too.  As far as I can tell, I have that configured already:

Flex SDK 4.6.0
Additional Compiler arguments: -locale en_US -swf-version=13

Qbrain, Member
Posted: 03 December 2012 10:02 AM   Total Posts: 92   [ # 3 ]

this is what I do/did:

- Download away3D gold
- create a folder called “utilities” in htdocs of my local webserver. (or the www folder if you use WAMP)
- place the away3d folder in utilities. so that the structure is for example “htdocs\utilities\away3d\arcane.as”
- same for the com folder (htdocs\utilities\com)
- put the pb folder in htdocs (htdocs\pb)
- next, in flex or flash, set the main project so that it always includes every file from the htdocs\utilities folder. (That way, you can import away3d.arcane the same as you normally do. This is called common classpath or something like that.)

See the included screenshot how I did this in Flash (don’t know about flex)

Hope this helps!
my stuff compiles correctly and if you do it like this you can update it pretty quick and have it ready for you every time you create a new project.

If you have any questions, feel free smile

-Q

meddlingwithfire, Newbie
Posted: 04 December 2012 02:07 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 4 ]

Thanks!  I ended up just re-downloading the source code and over-writing the previous set of files.  I must have done something wrong with my first attempt. 

@QBrain - Thanks for the advice for creating a shared folder!  That’s a good idea.  Definitely will help me out the next time I need to set up an Away3D project!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X