Adobe Flash Crashes when changing camera.x/other camera trouble

Software: Away3D 3.x

Majo, Newbie
Posted: 11 October 2012 12:54 PM   Total Posts: 22

Hi everyone,
Currently I am working on a small 3D scene in 3DS Max, which I later want to turn into a .swf with Away3D. The scene is basically a room with thing like chairs, a desk, and some random stuff like a mobile phone. The idea is that you can click on various things and that a 2D-version movieclip will pop up.

As the base for this I am using the Frustrum Hotelroom example. The problem I’m having is that the camera doesn’t start in the right place. The 3D-model of the scene is a couple of thousand units away (I have no clue how that happened) and I can’t seem to fix it. I tried changing the model’s position, which helps a little, but it is really difficult to get it right.

Initially I tried to change the position of the camera, but whenever I did that, the scene would render (as in, the Test Movie-screen would show up), but then Flash just crashed. No errors, just crashing. This is the code I used for the camera:

//camera 
camera = new Camera3D();
camera.lens = new PerspectiveLens();
camerax200

Has anyone got a clue how to fix this? I am currently using Away3D 3.6, combined with Adobe Flash Professional CS6.

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 October 2012 02:29 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 1 ]

hi

dont know if thats just a typo in your post, but this

camerax200

should be this

camera.x200
 Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

Majo, Newbie
Posted: 11 October 2012 02:39 PM   Total Posts: 22   [ # 2 ]

Hi 80prozent,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, it was just a typo in my code/post. I tried the code you suggested, but unfortunately it doesn’t make a difference.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X