End of file error with Loader3D

Software: Away3D 4.x

Mark Caz, Newbie
Posted: 05 October 2012 08:58 AM   Total Posts: 4

Hello,

I’m a fairly good actionscripter, and am just getting started with Away 3D in order to make an Air 3.1 project for mobile. I’ve made a few simple meshes using the latest stable version of Gold I downloaded yesterday (v4.0.9) and they run amazingly smoothly on a phone! (congrats guys, it’s awesome!)

I’m now trying to use bits of code from Richard Olsson’s tutorial (on adobe: making a vase from an external .awd file) and it seems to fail. A few other people have reported the same issue on the comments section of the tut, was wondering is there a solution?

_loader = new Loader3D();

_loader.addEventListener(LoaderEvent.RESOURCE_COMPLETE_govase);
_loader.addEventListener(LoaderEvent.LOAD_ERROR_oops);
_loader.load(new URLRequest('vase.awd')); 
private function _govase(e:LoaderEvent):void 
{
_view
.scene.addChild(_loader);

error:
[Fault] exception, information=Error: Error #2030: End of file was encountered.

From what I’ve searched the tutorial was written for a pre-gold version of away, and must have worked. the file format was supposedly backward compatible, so should be okay, so what’s up? Should I try a different .awd in case it’s corrupt (are there any freely available ones around that definitely work?)

Any help greatly appreciated!:)

Mark Caz, Newbie
Posted: 05 October 2012 09:30 AM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 1 ]

error appears to be in the AWD2Parser. the parseTexture() handler, which has a comment that says ‘TODO:not used’ (take this to be wrong, surely bitmap textures are still dealt with).
The errors on line 458:

_body.readBytes(data0data_len); 

the _body does have bytes etc in.. maybe the .awd is corrupt? or it’s a version 1 awd being run through a version 2 parser?

Mark Caz, Newbie
Posted: 05 October 2012 10:05 AM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 2 ]

okay, found someone with a similar error here:

http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/3183/

seems the awd file is corrupt or the format has changed. Think it might be worth someone from A3D at least adding a comment on the Adobe forum explaining why it doesn’t work, and preferably updating the vase object. It’s a well written tut, and lists very high on Google searches. Just a shame it doesn’t work with your gold release.

Mambo4, Newbie
Posted: 13 November 2012 05:19 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 3 ]

I’ve been struggling with that tutorial as well.
So the issue is with the vase.awd file?

I’ll try another .awd and see what happens, I guess.

edit: attempted with the PolarBear.awd that came with away3d-core-fp11_4_0_9_gold, no success.

It really is too bad that Richard Olsson’s tutorial is now badly out of date and broken.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X