Lost Context3D

Software: Away3D 4.x

Karim Beyrouti, Administrator
Posted: 28 May 2012 11:39 AM   Total Posts: 30

Hello - wondering how to best resume my application when it looses Context3D ?

On mobile this happens when device is rotated or goes to sleep (tested on Android), and deskop when screensaver kicks in or cntrl-alt-del.

I would love a few pointers on this one, I am currently re-creating everything to get it work again, but not sure that is the best solution. Any pointers would be most welcome…

Best regards, and big thanks to the lovely community / away core team for everything so far…

Karim Beyrouti

ASWC, Member
Posted: 28 May 2012 03:01 PM   Total Posts: 76   [ # 1 ]

When the Context3D is lost you cannot display anything anymore in it and a new Context3D must be requested in order to display anything. So recreating a View3D is the way to go but I would still call dispose() on the old one before discarding it to make sure Away3D release the Stage3D correctly.

Karim Beyrouti, Administrator
Posted: 28 May 2012 03:07 PM   Total Posts: 30   [ # 2 ]

Yep, that’s what I was doing - however the problem was loosing all states in my 3D… However - I just found out Context3D loss, has been addressed in the ParticlesFeature branch, which now re-uploads everything…. So all working fine now, which is great…

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 16 June 2012 01:44 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

This has also been fixed in the release branch of the away3d-core-fp11 GitHub repository.

Rayen123, Member
Posted: 26 September 2012 11:38 PM   Total Posts: 70   [ # 4 ]

Hi,
I have the same problem,
can you please post sample how to solve it ? smile

THANKS

Posted: 27 September 2012 06:44 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 5 ]

Use the latest version of Away3D.

Rayen123, Member
Posted: 27 September 2012 11:20 AM   Total Posts: 70   [ # 6 ]

Hi,
I use https://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11 this one, but when I had blocked phone, and unblocked phone, the screen is black.

edit:
screen = away3D view

With Away3D 4.0.9 Gold it is the same problem

Posted: 27 September 2012 02:16 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 7 ]

That seems weird. People have reported that the issue was solved. Can you please create a minimal use case that reproduces (a single class, preferably) and submit a bug report at http://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11/issues?

Rayen123, Member
Posted: 01 October 2012 10:25 PM   Total Posts: 70   [ # 8 ]

Hi,
it works in windows when I press CTRL ALT DEL. It not work only if I have started this application on mobile and then I press hold button and ublock phone - screen is still black (lost content3D). I will try other devices (I have HTC 3D EVO).

Posted: 02 October 2012 11:37 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 9 ]

It would be great if you could gather everything you know about it issue (when it happens, on what devices et c) and file a bug report at the URL mentioned above. Thanks!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X