Using AssetLibrary

Software: Away3D 4.x

chandings, Newbie
Posted: 22 September 2012 11:42 AM   Total Posts: 6

Hi

I am very new to 3d and obviously away3d. I am creating a 3d town which will have lots of external 3d objects and also a few basic away 3d mesh with external bitmaps for texture.

I intend to use AssetLibrary class to manage my assets. Now I am maintaining a list in an xml file containing name, path and type of my asset.

My question is how should i load assets. Should i use AssetLibrary.load or loader3d. Also how should i load my bitmaps.

I will also start experimenting now and if i reach a good solution will definitely share it over here.

Thanks in advance.

Baush, Sr. Member
Posted: 22 September 2012 05:42 PM   Total Posts: 135   [ # 1 ]

I strongly suggest you take a look at the examples project in Git. They give a good idea on how to use the features and allows you to experiment with them.

chandings, Newbie
Posted: 23 September 2012 06:39 AM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 2 ]

Hi Baush,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will do that.

But i did get my thing up and running, i use Loader for bitmaps and Loader3d for loading models. and then i setup IAsset (ObjectContainer3d for models and BitmapDataAsset for bitmaps) and name them as per my requirement and add it to AssetLibrary.

But will check the examples posted and change my code to whatever is the best practice.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X