Matrix3D error when enabling shadows

Software: Away3D 4.x

Unstoppable, Newbie
Posted: 16 July 2012 01:55 PM   Total Posts: 1

Hi all,

As described in the title I have an error when enabling castsShadow on a directionallight or any mesh/material.

It gives me the following error: Error #2183 Scale values must not be zero.
The error comes from the DirectionalShadowMapper when using the Matrix3D.prependScale() function. It uses scaleX and scaleY which indeed are both 0 when tracing.

However, this only occurs when compiling in Adobe AIR. Whenever I switch back to FP11.2, it works. I want to create this project in AIR if possible, since it also seems to give some better performance.

I get it to compile when commenting out the prepend function, but I am not sure what it is used for and how important it is.

After googling, I couldn’t find anything actually related to this. So I hope someone here has the answer to solve/shed light on this problem smile

Greetings!

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 17 July 2012 07:49 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

Unless I’m mistaken, the scale values can only be zero if the frustum is zero, which should never happen. Could this be an initialization time issue, e.g. that the view starts rendering too early, or something like that? Try delaying the start-up by a couple of frames or moments and see if that helps it.

What versions are you using of Flash Player and AIR respectively?

valck, Newbie
Posted: 12 September 2012 11:16 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 2 ]

I have the same problem… =(

FP 11.3
AIR 3.3

any help?

Posted: 13 September 2012 06:02 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

Please answer my previous question about delaying the start-up. Also, what exact version of Away3D are you using? Check the constants in the Away3D.as class for the revision number, or if you use Git, let us know which branch you use.

valck, Newbie
Posted: 13 September 2012 03:48 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 4 ]

Yes I tried, but don’t works for me…

On the git master repo and my away3d class is the 9 revision.

Posted: 13 September 2012 03:50 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 5 ]

Ok, thanks. Please go ahead and file a bug report at http://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11/issues and include a description of the bug as well as a link to this forum thread.

Thanks!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X