Dimmer light

Software: Away3D 4.x

Yesaya, Newbie
Posted: 29 August 2012 07:27 AM   Total Posts: 3

Hi guys, need some help for my final task,

i’m trying to make simulation of studio photography, and i want to make a dimmer light at that simulation, it is possible to make it at Away3D 4.0? does anyone know to make it?

thank you

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 29 August 2012 08:43 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

What do you mean by dimmer light? A light with configurable intensity? All light sources in Away3D have configurable intensity, both on the light sources themselves, and on the materials that are affected by them.

I would urge you to try and not think about how light works in the real world, because Away3D is not (trying to be) a physically correct simulation of real-world lighting. Instead, try to work with the configurable properties that Away3D gives you.

If you can show a screenshot or reference picture of what you want to achieve lighting-wise, it will be easier to help you with guidelines on how to achieve that effect.

Yesaya, Newbie
Posted: 29 August 2012 01:19 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

Yes, the dimmer light is configurable intensity of the light, and what i mean is the user can change the intensity of the light manually.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 30 August 2012 08:35 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

You are going to have to build the user interface and input logic yourself, e.g. a slider or keyboard bindings, but as far as Away3D goes all you need to do is tweak the diffuse, specular and ambient properties on your materials/light sources in response to such user input logic.

Yesaya, Newbie
Posted: 30 August 2012 09:16 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]

thank you for the help
i will try to do it first

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X