How to import a blender scene ?

Software: Away3D 4.x

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 June 2011 08:53 PM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 16 ]

nice job on hacking that to work. As per the ‘Alternative content’ issue, make sure you have the swfobject.js file in a js sub folder of the directory you upload to

Mr Margaret Scratcher, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 June 2011 09:10 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 17 ]
Choons - 28 June 2011 08:53 PM

nice job on hacking that to work. As per the ‘Alternative content’ issue, make sure you have the swfobject.js file in a js sub folder of the directory you upload to

YESSSSSSSSSSS!

http://www.margaretscratcher.co.uk/virtemp/index.html

Thanks for that!

I didn’t really hack anything to get it to work - if you’ve got the most recent version of the away3d libraries (ie you’ve downloaded them via GIT or svn, rather than using the dowload links, which are only updated every once in a while - I wrote a quick guide here: http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/167/ ) exporting a .obj seems to work fine, so long as your mesh(es) are all good, and you make sure to select ‘Material Groups’

Others who have had to edit the .obj and .mtl files in order to specify an absolute path are probably using the older versions of the libraries..

I might clean up my code (ie get rid of un needed remnants) and turn it into a quick tutorial..

Damn, if feels good to be slightly ahead of the game this time round, rather than when i was trying to figure all this out in papervision…

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 June 2011 09:26 PM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 18 ]

yep loads up fine and I get rock solid 60 fps. Yeah using the GIT builds is almost a necessity right now to keep up with the new features. I posted a similar how to on using TortoiseGit on the old forum.

Broomstick’s learning curve is pretty steep but once you hit that hump it starts to get really fun.

Lauri, Newbie
Posted: 01 July 2011 10:57 PM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 19 ]

Great. How about MD5 meshes & anims? Anyone got them working properly? It is working otherwise except my model is “left handed” while it should be right handed. Also some normals were inverted. (I posted a message about this also on bug section.)

Posted: 02 July 2011 03:05 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 20 ]

for the left handed/right handed issue, I believe the ‘Rotate X90’ option takes care of that…Maybe…

Lauri, Newbie
Posted: 02 July 2011 03:44 PM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 21 ]

Unfortunately not. There is no Rotate X90 for MD5 export… and it’s not rotated it’s mirrored.

Posted: 02 July 2011 04:18 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 22 ]

Ahhhh…

Jos Yule, Newbie
Posted: 08 July 2011 05:29 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 23 ]

Has anyone figured out a way to change the “handiness” when using models from packages which use a right-handed co-ord space? It is making me a bit crazy.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X