17 Jul 2007

AWAY3D Demo > Easy to play with…

by Peter Kapelyan

Click here to see! I scraped some code together from the LESSONS that can be found under "DOWNLOADS" (in handy dandy FLA format), along with a nifty turtle and texture made by yours truly smile. In Firefox the new AWAY3D code can run this simple scene (with some lights) at almost 400 fps on my Windows XP P4. IE can never seem to break 64 fps. However I made this one locked at 60 fps. It's just a simple demo, a mix of moving lights, the mesh lesson, and the container lesson. A simple example of how easy it is to play with away3d... there is nothing that hard about it! Best -Pete

COMMENTS

17 Jul 2007 10:42 PM

Mr.doob said:

I don't think it's a good idea to add post-processing effects with photoshop to the screenshot of the demos wink

17 Jul 2007 10:49 PM

flashnine said:

What would be the reason of that MR Doob?
Can I not even paste my own face on the screenshot if I wanted?
It's my Demo, and My screenshot - I can do what I want with it - deal with that smile

17 Jul 2007 11:04 PM

FLASHNINE said:

Sorry I think that guy (my even twin) meant to say

"it makes the site look nicer".

By the way - never listen to what he says. Only listen to me. Thanks.

-Pete

18 Jul 2007 03:21 AM

Brett Walker said:

I think what Mr. Doob was trying to say was, it adds confusion about the capabilities of the engine when you add post-processing effects to screenshots...

18 Jul 2007 04:32 AM

Mr.doob said:

Because it's cheating. It's like if you do an screenshot of a 1million polys-object, and put it as it was the screenshot of the demo. Then the user clicks on the image, excited to see that 1million polys-object demo running at full speed as promised in the post and then he realises that it's not a 1million polys-object but a 100-polys object instead.

The user then thinks "Right, that's lame, I won't bother next time".

18 Jul 2007 04:41 AM

alex said:

Pete - I think there's a sense in what Mr.Doob is saying wink
You'd better update the screenshot with the real one.

18 Jul 2007 06:24 AM

FLASHNINE said:

If I put something like "not actual screenshot" next time will that be ok with you guys?

04 Nov 2007 04:06 AM