18 Oct 2010

Away3D at Max 2010

by Rob Bateman Away3D at Max 2010

The Away3D team are currently beavering away on the final preparations for our presentation at Max - this will be without a doubt one of the biggest events of the year and we feel extremely privileged to be a part of it. If you are interested in what the future holds for Away3D and are lucky enough to be attending the Adobe Max conference yourself, then be sure to sign up for our session: New 3D features for Flash. The talk will not exclusively pertain to the Away3D engine - we will be sharing our slot with 3D Flash veterans and general all round smashing chaps from Alternativa, so there will certainly be a lot to pack in! Seats for the session sold out early last week, but we're told that room capacity has since been increased so more seats are now available. Our advice would be to get them while you still can - you will not want to miss this show... A little too vague? Maybe. But seriously, you won't want to miss it. Trust us. wink **********Update********** I've also been told that we will have an opportunity to showcase some of the more esoteric uses of Away3D at this year's FITC Unconference. This is a collection of exclusive sessions from the FITC crowd, bundled into a special room at Adobe Max. Each slot is a 30 minute mini-session that can be a little more relaxed and participatory than the usual Max circus, aided by free beer supplied by the generous peeps at Litl.com. My session is titled The evolving Away3D platform – hope you can make it!

COMMENTS

25 Oct 2010 06:06 PM

designgang said:

So, what about away3D and molehill 3D ? smile
Tell us about your plans!

27 Oct 2010 08:25 AM

Palamin Guillaume said:

Hello Away3D,

Good to hear you're close with adobe for the new promising 3D features, you have already done great jobs with the "poor" software performance and I'm sure you will continue this way !
Will Away3D still remain open ? Will there be a testing program we could join ?

28 Oct 2010 07:01 PM

Ocuza R said:

I'm just hoping you guys, are going to be using Molehill APIs in your Engine. I missed Max this year but I hope to hear what your plans are. A few ppl who missed max would be wondering of course.

Keep up the good work.

28 Oct 2010 07:16 PM

vic said:

I can't wait for the video of the Max session to be posted.

29 Oct 2010 12:05 PM

Mike Kerr said:

I sat in on the Tuesday session of New 3D Features for Flash. I am extremely impressed and I'm equally pleased that I will be able to harness these new 3D features and continue to use Away3D.

I built my portfolio site using away and I couldn't be more pleased with it.

When do you think a new version of Away3D that uses the new OpenGL 3D in Flash will be out?
Will this be CS5 or CS6?

29 Oct 2010 04:53 PM

guojian said:

Can't seem to find the session video on tv.adobe.com. Does such video exists?

30 Oct 2010 09:11 PM

Rob Bateman said:

Hey Guys

Looks like we don't yet have our video uploaded to Adobe TV - we will be sure to announce this here and on our mailing list when it is ready! In the meantime, you are able to view our main demo video on Youtube (be sure to choose 720p!):

Just to confirm, yes we are using the new Molehill APIs for the next major version of Away3D (4.0), which is planned for a release to coincide with the public beta of Molehill, due at some point in the first half of next year.

02 Jan 2011 12:27 PM